2017 Benefits Open Enrollment
On August 10th the Board of Regents approved the 2017 USG healthcare plan changes and premiums for the 2017 plan year. In 2017, the University System of Georgia (USG) will continue to offer four healthcare plan options to active employees and pre-65 retirees and pre-65 retiree dependents.
The University System of Georgia will hold its Open Enrollment (OE) for 2017 benefits beginning Monday, October 31, 2016 – Friday, November 11, 2016. The ADP portal will be open during this time for you to enroll or make changes to your benefits for the 2017 plan year. Please see a summary below of changes for 2017 and important information about this year’s enrollment.
All employees are encouraged to ensure the address on file is correct. You may do this by reviewing your Personal Information through the ADP portal. The attached Job Tool provides step by step instructions for accessing the Personal Information section of the ADP portal. If you need assistance with portal password resets or if you have forgotten your ADP portal ID, please contact the USG Shared Services Center at 1-855-214-2644.
GSU BENEFITS FAIR
The GSU Benefits Fair will be held in two locations this year:
- Friday, November 4th 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Decatur Campus, Building SC / Gymnasium
- Monday, November 7th 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Main Campus, Student Center Ballroom
During the Fair, you will be able to meet vendors, learn about the changes for Plan Year 2017, and register to win giveaways. Benefits Fairs are taking place at all USG institutions, so if you can’t make these dates, please check out the 2017 Benefits Fair Calendar for more dates and locations that you may attend.
OPEN ENROLLMENT MEETINGS & WALK-IN DAYS
For more information about your 2017 benefits, please plan to attend an Open Enrollment Meeting or a Benefits Walk-In Day.
PASSIVE ENROLLMENT / NO MANDATORY TOBACCO CERTIFICATION
This year, Open Enrollment will be a passive enrollment for benefits and the tobacco surcharge. If you do not want to make any changes or new elections for 2017, your current coverage will remain for 2017 (with the exception of the FSA’s—you must elect these each year in order to continue your participation). The tobacco surcharge will remain at $75 monthly in addition to the cost for medical insurance and applies to employees and dependents age 18 and over. If an employee makes a change during Open Enrollment, he/she will be prompted to certify his/her tobacco use and for dependents 18+ if enrolled in a USG healthcare plan. An employee may change his/her tobacco use status at any time during the year and the change goes into effect the first of the next month.
2017 HEALTHCARE PLAN PREMIUMS
This year, USG is taking the final step in moving to the defined contribution pricing model for healthcare premiums. This means the employer subsidy will be the same for each plan, at each coverage tier in 2017. Premiums are increasing between 0% – 8% depending on plan enrollment and coverage tier. To see healthcare premiums by plan and medical comparison charts please consult the 2017 USG Comparison Guide.
HEALTHCARE PLAN CHANGES
In 2017, the University System of Georgia (USG) will continue to offer 4 healthcare plan options to active employees. Employees will receive a benefits worksheet and a 2017 Summary of Benefits, mailed to their home address prior to the start of Open Enrollment.
Changes to Healthcare Plans:
Consumer Choice HSA Healthcare Plan
- The in-network deductible will increase from $1,500 to $2,000 for single coverage and $3,000 to $4,000 for family coverage
- The out-of-network deductible will increase from $3,000 to $4,000 for single coverage and $6,000 to $8,000 for family coverage
- The in-network out-of-pocket maximum will increase from $6,850 to $7,000
Comprehensive Care Plan
- No changes to plan benefits
Blue Choice HMO Healthcare Plan
- Specialist and Urgent Care co-payments will increase from $50 to $60
- The Emergency Room co-payment will increase from $250 to $300
Kaiser HMO Healthcare Plan
- No changes to plan benefits
Dental Plan – Delta Dental
- No changes to the plan benefits
- Dental Rates will increase by 1.7% on the base and high plans
Vision Plan – EyeMed
· No changes to the plan benefits or premiums
Life Insurance Plan – Minnesota Life
- No changes to plan benefit or premiums
- Employees will be allowed to increase 1x salary up to the lessor of 3x salary or $500,000 without Evidence of Insurability (EOI)
- Spouse life requires EOI and Child Life does not require EOI
Short and Long Term Disability – MetLife
- No changes to the plan benefits
- No change in premium for Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability premiums will increase 3%
Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts – Optum Bank
- No changes to the plan benefits or account fees
- The HSA match will remain the same in 2017 with a maximum match limit of $375 for individual and $750 for family coverage
- Health Savings Account individual annual contribution limit will increase from $3,350 to $3,400
Lifeperx LifeStyle Benefits
- Legal Care has been removed from all Lifeperx options and replaced with a Tax Help Line
- All Options have lower rates for 2017
USG VOLUNTARY BENEFIT PLANS
In 2017, the University System of Georgia (USG) will offer 4 new voluntary benefits plans for active employees.
- USG Critical Illness (Aflac) – This plan provides cash benefits when an insured person is diagnosed with or treated for a covered illness. Coverage can help employees with meeting financial obligations, such as medical bills and deductibles, as well as indirect costs when experiencing a critical illness covered under the plan.
- USG Accident (Voya) – Provides employees with hospital, physician, accidental death and catastrophic accident benefits in the event of a covered accident.
- USG Hospital Indemnity (Voya) – Helps offset out-of-pocket medical costs, such as high deductibles and coinsurance, as well as everyday living expenses during a covered hospital stay.
- USG Legal plan (LegalEASE) – Helps pay for attorney fees for services such as wills, home sale/purchase, adoptions, divorce, consumer protection, tax audit, etc.
USG PERKS AT WORK
Take advantage of employee-only discounts through the Perks at Work discount program. Find discounts on things like Home & Auto Insurance with companies such as MetLife, Allstate, GEICO as well as many other programs and services. Log in to USG Perks at Work to start saving today– Enroll at any time throughout the year!
GSU VOLUNTARY BENEFITS
The following GSU voluntary benefits programs will be discontinued through payroll deduction effective 12/31/2016 due to new plans being offered by the USG.
- MetLife – Critical Illness Plan
- MetLife – Accident Insurance Plan
Employees that are enrolled in MetLife Critical Illness, Accident may continue their coverage with MetLife on a direct pay basis (information will be mailed to covered members) or they may discontinue coverage and enroll in the new USG Critical Illness (Aflac) , USG Accident (Voya) voluntary plans offered by the USG.
GSU will continue to offer the following voluntary plans in 2017 without change to plan benefits or premiums:
- VPI – Pet Insurance
- EPIC Hearing Plan