For starters, there are eligibility rules associated with benefits. To be considered “benefits-eligible,” an individual must be appointed to a regular faculty or staff position that has an anticipated duration of 6 months or more and is at least half-time. Benefit-eligible faculty and staff may cover their spouses and eligible dependent children.
Domestic partners of employees may be enrolled in the MetLife Dental, United Healthcare Vision, and MetLife Term Life Insurance programs on an after-tax basis. An Affidavit of Domestic Partnership is required; the Affidavit Form is available from Human Resources.
Here is a checklist of what you need to do to prepare for enrolling in your benefits:
- Make sure you review all of the materials available about your different benefits
- Review your 2013 Understanding Your Benefits brochure for Active Employees
- Use the Board of Regents Comparison Guide to compare medical plants
- Attend a Benefits Orientation Meeting
- Enroll in your benefits through ADP within 31 days of your hire date. If you have not registered on ADP yet, here is the Registration Guide.