TRS Pre-Retirement Workshop
Please join the Benefits Department and Mike Zarem with TRS for a TRS Pre-Retirement Workshop for retirement eligible employees. Mike will guide you through the TRS retirement process and the GSU benefits team will follow with a benefits update for the last hour. This semester Pre-Retirement Workshops will be offered at the Main Campus (Downtown) and at the Dunwoody Campus. Registration is required and seating is limited for each workshop.
Please click on the icons below to register for the workshop at the location that you will attend. A WebEx link will also be emailed to TRS members eligible for retirement that may not be able to attend in person.
Topics discussed during this workshop include:
- Planning your retirement-date, finances, etc.
- Retirement plans and benefits-survivorship plans, partial lump-sum option
- The importance of naming beneficiaries
- Calculating your benefit-the benefit formula
- Applying for retirement-easy steps to make your retirement seamless
- Benefit estimates and counseling opportunities
- Legal considerations and financial planning
- Adjusting to retirement
- Resources to help you be successful
To view your personal TRS account, see your current contribution summary, review beneficiaries and run an estimate to calculate your monthly retirement income, please go to www.trsga.com
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
10:00 am to 11:30 am
Student Center West
Fourth Floor, Room 464
Seating is limited to 70 people for this workshop. To register to attend this workshop please click below:
Friday, March 10, 2017
2:00 pm to 3:30 pm
Building A (NA), Room 2220
Seating is limited to 60 people for this workshop. To register to attend this workshop please click below: