Challenges #1 & #2 – Walking and Weight Loss Challenges
We may have said good-bye to our summer season but that’s no reason to say good-bye to embracing a healthy lifestyle. The fall season is approaching and there is still time to fall into healthier lifestyle by participating in one of the 12-week fitness challenges listed below!
The Walking and Activity Challenge and the Fall Weight Loss and Health Challenge will give you the accountability and support you need to achieve your weight loss goals. Participants of these 12-week fitness challenges will begin with an individual fitness assessment and biometric screening.
GSU on the Move – Walking and Activity Challenge
- Stay active and get fit by joining the weekly Friday walking club. This meet up begins at 1:00pm and ends at 1:45pm at the Wellness Center.
- Track your journey through your walking log.
- Exercise at your own pace by setting individual fitness goals or by working with an exercise specialist.
- Conduct your weekly pedometer reading in person or by text messaging
It’s Time to Take Action – Fall Weight Loss and Health Challenge
- Journal your weight lost journey by tracking your diet.
- Work with a registered dietitian to give you the support you need to achieve your weight loss goals.
- This program is free, however there is a $15 “optional” fee, which includes an assessment and consultation for interested employees.
- Continue with weekly weigh in’s, motivation and lifestyle tips.
Invite your family and friends to become your champion or become a champion for others participating in this challenge. Best of all, there’s no cost to join! Prizes will be awarded to the top individual and team.
Get started today!
For each challenge
|Max # of Participants:||150|
|Address:||Sparks Hall, Wellness Center, Room 332|
|Date:||September 10 through December 6, 2013, Fridays|
|Coordinator Phone:||[email protected]|
|Coordinator E-mail:||(404) 413-3342|
|Confirmation Instructions:||Sign me up!|
Back to the Basic Perks Page