Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Georgia State University (GSU) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are welcome as employees at GSU. Reasonable accommodations may be needed to provide equal access and opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. The Benefits Office has been designated to coordinate employee requests for workplace accommodations. An individual with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting the Benefits Office. Employees requesting a reasonable accommodation are expected to work cooperatively with GSU throughout the accommodation process.
An individual with a disability is a person who:
- Has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities;
- Has a record of such an impairment; or
- Is regarded as having such an impairment.
A qualified employee with a disability is an individual who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the job in question.
Some examples of a reasonable accommodation may include, but is not limited to:
- Making existing facilities readily accessible and usable
- Altering when or how essential functions are performed
- Permitting use of accrued paid or unpaid leave
- Modifying work schedules
- Acquiring or modifying equipment or devices
- Call: 404.413.3302
- Email: [email protected]
Accommodation Information and Forms